The Goose has the Answers
Quiz 5 tested your fairy lore. How did you get on?
Last time we posed some questions about Iolanthe's relatives. How was your fairy lore?
- Titania and Oberon are characters from which William Shakespeare play? A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Who published the original Rapunzel fairy tale? The Brothers Grimm
- According to Peter Pan author J.M. Barrie, where did fairies come from? A child's laugh
- Which girls' name means 'fairy'? Fay or Faye
- What did Hansel and Gretel leave as a trail, in order to find their way home on the second time? Breadcrumbs (they left pebbles the first time)
- What is a fairy ring? A circle of toadstools or mushrooms
- Who wrote The Little Mermaid? Hans Christian Anderson
- Who created the Flower Fairies? Cicely Mary Barker
- In Jack and the Beanstalk, the giant usually said "Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum! I smell the blood of an Englishman." when a human was nearby: What is the next line? Be he ‘live or be he dead, I’ll grind his bones for my bread.
- In the Disney Film, what does the Beast show Belle that allows her to see into the future? (You may need some help from the younger members of the family!) A magic mirror